Tuesday, October 25, 2011

wow its been a minute!

Hello everyone! I haven't posted on here in quite awhile. I was lacking computer internet access for awhile. Kinda hard to write a lot on just my phone. haha. I am at my new squadron. Pretty sure I haven't posted about it at all. I've been here since September 6th! Its tough, not training anymore. Its a job now, with the military lifestyle mixed in. Being the new guy on the jobs stinks, but thats part of it. We have to earn respect from the other people of higher rank that work there! It's stressfull, 10-12 hour days. I am always ready to crash in bed by the end of the day!! I also have car trouble on top of that. Stupid vehicles. Just like cars, our helicopters have things that need to get fixed everyday! I'd have to say it's pretty cool when we get to be right out there with the turning birds tho. (helicopters that are preparing for takeoff) We get to be out there when they are going out, coming in. Etc. I remember back home, when like once every 2 years we'd see a helicopter go by and be all amazed. Now, just in my squadron we have about 20 of them, and they are coming in and going out all day! :) I'm not sure that I am going to make it home for the holidays, because of the costs of car repairs. Cross my fingers tho! Missing everyone, and the good old UP!! :)

4 comments:

  1. I love helicopters and airplanes. They fly over a lot here in AK and every time I hear one run outside to look.
    p.s. I hope for your sake I hope you make it home for the holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny thing, we all see the helicopters everyday now, and it never fails whenever we are outside, and we hear one going over we all still look up to see. As if we didn't see one five minutes ago:) and I hope so too! How have you been?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha! I've been good. I am still living in AK... and loving it. I went home for 2 weeks in September; it's always so nice to see everyone. You know how that goes :) How about you?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good! Haven't gone home since July. Not sure when I'll get too. Always good when I do tho:) Things here have been good. Kinda crazy like usual, but mostly good:)

    ReplyDelete